Bourbon Cowboy

The adventures of an urbane bar-hopping transplant to New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I'm a storyteller in the New York area who is a regular on NPR's "This American Life" and at shows around the city. Moved to New York in 2006 and am working on selling a memoir of my years as a greeting card writer, and (as a personal, noncommercial obsession) a nonfiction book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk." My agent is Adam Chromy at Artists and Artisans. If you came here after hearing about my book on "This American Life" and Googling my name, the "How to Love God" book itself isn't in print yet, and may not even see print in its current form (I'm focusing on humorous memoir), but here's a sample I've posted in case you're curious anyway: Sample How To Love God Introduction, Pt. 1 of 3. Or just look through the archives for September 18, 2007.) The book you should be expecting is the greeting card book, about which more information is pending. Keep checking back!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Brief Politics Linkfest

Bush at 28% approval.

Alberto Gonzalez doubts habeas corpus (which is, you know, in the Constitution) and gets Senator Leahy mad. As a blogger on Andrew Sullivan's site notes, we should all be very angry.

Also, the innocent Canadian we accidentally sent to Syria to be tortured remains on the no-fly list.

Fox News spreads a false meme that Barack Obama is a Muslim, and potentially radical. I take back what I said earlier: the Republicans really are desperate, and I'm furious again. That one crazy writer who said Barack's tielessness made him look like Ahmedinijad (can't find the link right now, and I've got a bus to catch) was admittedly nuts, but it really does look like it was just one in a larger multipronged attempt by the Republican noise machine to turn Barack into a scary scary foreign Muslim, rather than a devout American Baptist. And anyone who calls him Barack "Hussein" Obama is playing along. Jesus.

LATER:

Here's an interesting post by Kevin Drum, summarizing why Hillary actually could win it. The short version: she's actually polling pretty well, and given the past dozen years of unhinged vitriol coming from right-wing radio, what the heck could anyone say about her that would bring her numbers down more?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon88 said...

<< That one crazy writer who said Barack's tielessness made him look like Ahmedinijad >> I believe was Jeff Greenfield, and I'm pretty sure he was trying to be funny (unsuccessfully).

1/24/2007 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home