Bourbon Cowboy

The adventures of an urbane bar-hopping transplant to New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I'm a storyteller in the New York area who is a regular on NPR's "This American Life" and at shows around the city. Moved to New York in 2006 and am working on selling a memoir of my years as a greeting card writer, and (as a personal, noncommercial obsession) a nonfiction book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk." My agent is Adam Chromy at Artists and Artisans. If you came here after hearing about my book on "This American Life" and Googling my name, the "How to Love God" book itself isn't in print yet, and may not even see print in its current form (I'm focusing on humorous memoir), but here's a sample I've posted in case you're curious anyway: Sample How To Love God Introduction, Pt. 1 of 3. Or just look through the archives for September 18, 2007.) The book you should be expecting is the greeting card book, about which more information is pending. Keep checking back!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A Few Linky Things

The people who have responded seem generally in agreement that a light verse website might not be a bad thing. My twin brother (who actually shows up in some of these baby pictures if you're curious---or if you just want to see a really cute baby) has reserved me a domain name and is helping me with templates. All hail Daniel! I won't tell you the name of the site, though, because there's nothing there and it would just be silly to send you somewhere to look at the empty walls. But I have some hope that, by the weekend, there may be a thing or two worth seeing.

On a wholly unrelated note that I'm too lazy to separate out, Kevin Drum makes a good point here: Thanks to the Iraqi government, Bush has a perfect opportunity to draw down troops right now while saving face. How I hope he does. Because, as Josh Marshall notes in an open letter to Senate Democrats, the alternative makes him further vulnerable to a very simple message from Democrats coming into November: Vote for change, because the Republican plan--stated quite brazenly--is more of the same with no end in sight.

By the way, this is why I love the Internet political community: you can actually find out who all the talking heads are. Like this amazing guy Senator Infofe used for an anti-AP, anti-scientific community press release.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home