Bourbon Cowboy

The adventures of an urbane bar-hopping transplant to New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I'm a storyteller in the New York area who is a regular on NPR's "This American Life" and at shows around the city. Moved to New York in 2006 and am working on selling a memoir of my years as a greeting card writer, and (as a personal, noncommercial obsession) a nonfiction book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk." My agent is Adam Chromy at Artists and Artisans. If you came here after hearing about my book on "This American Life" and Googling my name, the "How to Love God" book itself isn't in print yet, and may not even see print in its current form (I'm focusing on humorous memoir), but here's a sample I've posted in case you're curious anyway: Sample How To Love God Introduction, Pt. 1 of 3. Or just look through the archives for September 18, 2007.) The book you should be expecting is the greeting card book, about which more information is pending. Keep checking back!

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Meet The Claw Hammer!

My twin brother, who's a zillion times more talented with computers than I am, has been putting a family website together, and maybe it's just me, but I find it incredibly charming---not only because it has a killer pic of my new nephew, but because it's not quite finished, and my brother's so funny about it and...well, go check it out.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay. I updated the site with a short album of baby pictures, which I think are suprisingly high quality. Check it out. -Daniel

6/25/2006 3:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Crap Dave! Is that you with hair? (ha, ha) Benjamin is so cute!

6/25/2006 9:45 AM  
Blogger Cowboy Dave Dickerson said...

And if you're curious about what my twin brother looks like, at least one of those pictures shows you. It may help you understand why at least one person at our high school refused to believe we were twins and just thought we were friends with the same last name who were perpetuating a "brother" joke for four years. Of course, that also tells you something about our high school.

6/27/2006 6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home