Bourbon Cowboy

The adventures of an urbane bar-hopping transplant to New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I'm a storyteller in the New York area who is a regular on NPR's "This American Life" and at shows around the city. Moved to New York in 2006 and am working on selling a memoir of my years as a greeting card writer, and (as a personal, noncommercial obsession) a nonfiction book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk." My agent is Adam Chromy at Artists and Artisans. If you came here after hearing about my book on "This American Life" and Googling my name, the "How to Love God" book itself isn't in print yet, and may not even see print in its current form (I'm focusing on humorous memoir), but here's a sample I've posted in case you're curious anyway: Sample How To Love God Introduction, Pt. 1 of 3. Or just look through the archives for September 18, 2007.) The book you should be expecting is the greeting card book, about which more information is pending. Keep checking back!

Friday, May 12, 2006

A Brief Observation For Posterity

I just came back from a drink date with a friend of mine (and his daughter, who's incredibly young) in Midtown. He paid. (Thanks, T-Mobile! Hpe you're enjoying all my money!) And while I was heading back to the subway station, I passed the Golda Meir Square, a small public park that features (as you might expect) a bust of Golda Meir facing all the picnic tables. And it inspired the following thought:

If I ever decide to enter public life, I hope to adopt a tall, spiky mohawk. That way, if they ever make a statue in my memory, pigeons will be disinclined to sit on my head.

If more people had adopted this simple practice, the world of statuary would be a lot less embarrassing. And they wouldn't have to pay a maintenance guy to climb up and sponge the poop out of your eye. Is that how you want to be remembered? Of course not. So start planning now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home