Bourbon Cowboy

The adventures of an urbane bar-hopping transplant to New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I'm a storyteller in the New York area who is a regular on NPR's "This American Life" and at shows around the city. Moved to New York in 2006 and am working on selling a memoir of my years as a greeting card writer, and (as a personal, noncommercial obsession) a nonfiction book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk." My agent is Adam Chromy at Artists and Artisans. If you came here after hearing about my book on "This American Life" and Googling my name, the "How to Love God" book itself isn't in print yet, and may not even see print in its current form (I'm focusing on humorous memoir), but here's a sample I've posted in case you're curious anyway: Sample How To Love God Introduction, Pt. 1 of 3. Or just look through the archives for September 18, 2007.) The book you should be expecting is the greeting card book, about which more information is pending. Keep checking back!

Monday, March 03, 2008

DONE!!!!

I was up till 3 last night, but I finally have my book proposal finished! And I have a list of ten agents! And I'm composing an introductory email as soon as I'm done typing this! But I just had to stop for a second and announce my victory lap.

Now that this monkey is mostly off my back, I can start to focus in earnest on getting a damn job, instead of just staying afloat with freelance. Is that a sliver of light I see? Hallelujah.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Chad E Burns said...

congrats--best of luck

3/03/2008 3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were that close and you spent Saturday night schmoozing with those crossword geeks? Shame on you!

But really, congrats!I'll cross some fingers for you.

3/03/2008 3:37 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh, wonderful! Congratulations - what a great feeling. I just finished a book project (work for hire) and it is SO liberating to have it done!

3/03/2008 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home