Bourbon Cowboy

The adventures of an urbane bar-hopping transplant to New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I'm a storyteller in the New York area who is a regular on NPR's "This American Life" and at shows around the city. Moved to New York in 2006 and am working on selling a memoir of my years as a greeting card writer, and (as a personal, noncommercial obsession) a nonfiction book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk." My agent is Adam Chromy at Artists and Artisans. If you came here after hearing about my book on "This American Life" and Googling my name, the "How to Love God" book itself isn't in print yet, and may not even see print in its current form (I'm focusing on humorous memoir), but here's a sample I've posted in case you're curious anyway: Sample How To Love God Introduction, Pt. 1 of 3. Or just look through the archives for September 18, 2007.) The book you should be expecting is the greeting card book, about which more information is pending. Keep checking back!

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Help Dave PDF a Cryptic Crossword!

I have a new cryptic crossword in PDF format (Word can make PDFs!) that I'd like to make available on my site, say, tomorrow. But again, as usual, I don't know how to upload a PDF onto a Blogger site. (The menu bar only handles pictures and video.) If anyone knows anything, contact me.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger that atheist guy said...

I don't know if this is the best way but you can make a Google Page, upload the file and then post the link.

Here:
pages.google.com

Example:
http://thatatheistguy.googlepages.com/test.pdf

2/05/2008 9:39 PM  
Blogger Cowboy Dave Dickerson said...

Thanks for the link. Looks like it's still got the same problem main Blogger has: no way to upload a PDF. Or rather, I can upload the PDF, but it tells me, "We got it, but must browsers don't support this file type." I don't want it to be readable online: I want you to be able to click a link and download it. Any ideas?

2/06/2008 10:11 AM  
Blogger that atheist guy said...

Sorry, I forgot to make my google page active. The example link should work now.

Were you able to make a google page? My "site manager" is here:

http://pages.google.com/manager/thatatheistguy/

You can see where your username would go. In the upper right is an area to upload any kind of file. After you upload it, you can copy the link of the file from the file list, like my "test.pdf".

Note you have to click "publish" to make the google page active and the link to your file accesible. You can see I just made a quick place holder page to publish:

http://thatatheistguy.googlepages.com/

I'm not sure I can make active links in this comment field, but I will try:
test.pdf

You have to know how to type the HTML tag for that though...

2/06/2008 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home