Bourbon Cowboy

The adventures of an urbane bar-hopping transplant to New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I'm a storyteller in the New York area who is a regular on NPR's "This American Life" and at shows around the city. Moved to New York in 2006 and am working on selling a memoir of my years as a greeting card writer, and (as a personal, noncommercial obsession) a nonfiction book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk." My agent is Adam Chromy at Artists and Artisans. If you came here after hearing about my book on "This American Life" and Googling my name, the "How to Love God" book itself isn't in print yet, and may not even see print in its current form (I'm focusing on humorous memoir), but here's a sample I've posted in case you're curious anyway: Sample How To Love God Introduction, Pt. 1 of 3. Or just look through the archives for September 18, 2007.) The book you should be expecting is the greeting card book, about which more information is pending. Keep checking back!

Saturday, November 10, 2007

GLOINK Redux

For real this time, I'm about to unplug my computer. It and the exercise bike are the only things I haven't moved yet, and I want to get the handtruck back to U-Haul today. I'm only keeping the computer alive long enough to email my resume to myself (so I can access it from an Internet cafe somewhere). But since there's no web access yet at the new place, you can expect blogular silence from me for the next few days, alas.

Possible exception: if, in the next few minutes, I come up with a nice vocabulary poem for the word avunculocal. Or a subway poem about the occasional subway car that lacks air conditioning. But my muse is fickle and I expect there'll just be sudden silence.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason Rohrblogger said...

Happy moving! Come back soon...you'll be missed.

11/10/2007 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home