Bourbon Cowboy

The adventures of an urbane bar-hopping transplant to New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I'm a storyteller in the New York area who is a regular on NPR's "This American Life" and at shows around the city. Moved to New York in 2006 and am working on selling a memoir of my years as a greeting card writer, and (as a personal, noncommercial obsession) a nonfiction book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk." My agent is Adam Chromy at Artists and Artisans. If you came here after hearing about my book on "This American Life" and Googling my name, the "How to Love God" book itself isn't in print yet, and may not even see print in its current form (I'm focusing on humorous memoir), but here's a sample I've posted in case you're curious anyway: Sample How To Love God Introduction, Pt. 1 of 3. Or just look through the archives for September 18, 2007.) The book you should be expecting is the greeting card book, about which more information is pending. Keep checking back!

Monday, November 05, 2007

Need Help Finding WWJD article

I've just had a request (from NPR!) for some humorous religious commentary, and what I tried to hunt down was an essay I wrote a few years back called, I think, "WWJD--And Would He Pronounced it 'Wah-Woodjid?'" It was a review of WWJD--The Game, which I found in a Tallahassee supermarket several Thanksgivings back. But the only version I can find on my computer is the FIRST version, which is far too short and only quotes one of the cards. I know I wrote a better version that quotes several cards, but I can't find it. Surely I must have sent it to some of you!

If you have it, please send me a copy. You'll know it's the right one if it contains a section that says stuff like, "Many of the cards present scenarios that I have a hard time imagining Jesus doing ('You and your friends decide to rush the sororities...')" It should also end with the phrase, "I think I played it last night, but it's hard to remember."

And in case you're wondering why I'm still attached to the Net, I chickened out at the last second and have kept my computer plugged in. It looks like I'll be moving it last, and I won't finish my move today, so until I'm forced to do otherwise, I want to keep my email access.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just saw this. pretty sure i have this on my computer at home. email siobhan500@aol.com and i will send if i do.

11/07/2007 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home