Bourbon Cowboy

The adventures of an urbane bar-hopping transplant to New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I'm a storyteller in the New York area who is a regular on NPR's "This American Life" and at shows around the city. Moved to New York in 2006 and am working on selling a memoir of my years as a greeting card writer, and (as a personal, noncommercial obsession) a nonfiction book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk." My agent is Adam Chromy at Artists and Artisans. If you came here after hearing about my book on "This American Life" and Googling my name, the "How to Love God" book itself isn't in print yet, and may not even see print in its current form (I'm focusing on humorous memoir), but here's a sample I've posted in case you're curious anyway: Sample How To Love God Introduction, Pt. 1 of 3. Or just look through the archives for September 18, 2007.) The book you should be expecting is the greeting card book, about which more information is pending. Keep checking back!

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Pushy Deodorant

This might make me miss my train, but I have to share. I was just preparing for a shower, and opened my brand new deodorant stick--a new brand I'd never tried (Degree Ultra For Men). And this is what I saw as I prepared to apply it...




Now I feel like someone is yelling into my armpits. I really had plans to "go for" neither "it" nor anything else. So my day has barely started and I feel like I've let my toiletries down.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger that atheist guy said...

I foresee an upswing in the number of rectal foreign bodies in ERs.

11/08/2007 11:44 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

ok, but can you sort of picture the business meeting where this idea was discussed? do you think they're trying to make their product seem edgy or do you think that maybe they really want to encourage people out there? do you think the guy that brought the idea up is really proud of himself or do you think that he gets teased by everyone....whispering "go for it" as he passes in the hallway? Its just such a funny mental picture....the stiffs in business suits deciding on this particular ad.

and i totally don't get the athiest guy's comment.

11/08/2007 5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That reminds me of these empowerment [eg. you go girl!] messages they started putting on Dove chocolate wrappers. The last thing I need is advice from my chocolate. Is nothing sacred?

11/08/2007 6:52 PM  
Blogger Jason Rohrblogger said...

May I borrow your deodorant? I have something I need to go for...

11/08/2007 11:48 PM  
Blogger Hollie said...

Having your deodorant urge you to "go for it" is nowhere near as bad as having your Always maxi-pad tell you to "have a happy period." As if!

11/09/2007 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home