Bourbon Cowboy

The adventures of an urbane bar-hopping transplant to New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I'm a storyteller in the New York area who is a regular on NPR's "This American Life" and at shows around the city. Moved to New York in 2006 and am working on selling a memoir of my years as a greeting card writer, and (as a personal, noncommercial obsession) a nonfiction book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk." My agent is Adam Chromy at Artists and Artisans. If you came here after hearing about my book on "This American Life" and Googling my name, the "How to Love God" book itself isn't in print yet, and may not even see print in its current form (I'm focusing on humorous memoir), but here's a sample I've posted in case you're curious anyway: Sample How To Love God Introduction, Pt. 1 of 3. Or just look through the archives for September 18, 2007.) The book you should be expecting is the greeting card book, about which more information is pending. Keep checking back!

Friday, February 16, 2007

Help Write a Headline!

New York has just released its official city condoms---designed with a colorful subway theme that I'm actually quite fond of. But here's the problem: yesterday, the daily magazine amNewYork took on the Official New York Condoms as its cover story...and the best headline they could come up with was this:

"Rubber Stamp."

How depressing from professional journalists. Richest goddamn story to come down the pike in who knows how long, and that's the best they can do? I leave it to readers to suggest something better.

I'll go first: "I F*** New York"

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jason Rohrblogger said...

Mine are up!

2/16/2007 3:23 PM  
Blogger Jasph said...

(yellow journalism)
New York's Protection Racket

(ad-speak)
Like Hundreds Of Tiny Subsidized Fingers
Urging a Taxpayer To Let Go!

(obscure, Thoreauvian)
Let Each Sheep Keep Its Own Skin

Or you could do some cute typography, punching a couple of words from a "Bulworth" quote:

"I heard Arsenio's jimmy got
a head as BIG as a APPLE."

And surely there's some local-color joke to be made about jogging around the reservoir...

2/16/2007 5:02 PM  
Blogger Angieb303 said...

Dude, I want one of these! I know, I'm tottally crazy. Hook me up, Dave!

2/18/2007 11:50 AM  
Blogger Tristram Shandy said...

“Coming Around Town”

2/20/2007 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home