Bourbon Cowboy

The adventures of an urbane bar-hopping transplant to New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I'm a storyteller in the New York area who is a regular on NPR's "This American Life" and at shows around the city. Moved to New York in 2006 and am working on selling a memoir of my years as a greeting card writer, and (as a personal, noncommercial obsession) a nonfiction book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk." My agent is Adam Chromy at Artists and Artisans. If you came here after hearing about my book on "This American Life" and Googling my name, the "How to Love God" book itself isn't in print yet, and may not even see print in its current form (I'm focusing on humorous memoir), but here's a sample I've posted in case you're curious anyway: Sample How To Love God Introduction, Pt. 1 of 3. Or just look through the archives for September 18, 2007.) The book you should be expecting is the greeting card book, about which more information is pending. Keep checking back!

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Dave Appearances Update

I'll be interviewed this weekend on NPR's "This American Life." The episode is titled "Quiz Shows" and apparently I'm in the second segment. (If you've never heard of the show, shame on you! It launched the careers of David Sedaris, Sarah Vowell, and David Rakoff, among other bestselling essayists, so everyone should be listening! Particularly since you can download the free podcast on iTunes.)

Also, I'll be performing tonight at Sherry Weaver's "Speakeasy: Stories From the Back Room" in Park Slope, Brooklyn. Biscuit BBQ, 230 Fifth Avenue, at 8:30 (doors open at 8).

I guess I'll be unpacking tomorrow night...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Dave for appearing on NPR. I haven't been to The Moth in sometime and so haven't seen you either.

Happy Blogging!

Tak

www.myspace.com/shaanoo

2/17/2007 6:58 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Dave,

Great stuff dude! Congratulations!

(I have always enjoyed being informed by you 'against my will'....)

Jeff in Tally

2/18/2007 12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice segment. Incidentally, I loved those "Puzzles Puzzles Puzzles Puzzles Puzzles" books, too! The main puzzles I remember from them were the ones solved on an extended chessboard. Ah, youth.

2/19/2007 11:46 AM  
Blogger Tom Bligh said...

Heard you on NPR, Dave. It was great, like having you in my living room. - Tom

2/22/2007 11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home