Bourbon Cowboy

The adventures of an urbane bar-hopping transplant to New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I'm a storyteller in the New York area who is a regular on NPR's "This American Life" and at shows around the city. Moved to New York in 2006 and am working on selling a memoir of my years as a greeting card writer, and (as a personal, noncommercial obsession) a nonfiction book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk." My agent is Adam Chromy at Artists and Artisans. If you came here after hearing about my book on "This American Life" and Googling my name, the "How to Love God" book itself isn't in print yet, and may not even see print in its current form (I'm focusing on humorous memoir), but here's a sample I've posted in case you're curious anyway: Sample How To Love God Introduction, Pt. 1 of 3. Or just look through the archives for September 18, 2007.) The book you should be expecting is the greeting card book, about which more information is pending. Keep checking back!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Holy Horse Hockey!


Maybe it's because I was never a prepubescent girl, but I saw this book title at my local Barnes & Noble and couldn't imagine how anyone at the publishing house had a meeting about it while keeping a straight face. While you're at it, check out the back, where they attempt to explain what the hell they're talking about:

And here I thought Mr. Ed was just a regular old non-divine animal flapping his lips at some stunt peanut butter. I might have thought differently if I'd actually seen him in divine action "practicing intricate dressage moves." Serves me right for not having eyes of faith.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Outtakes from Mr. Ed:

"Weh-eh-eh-ell, Wi-i-i-i-ilbur, tell me about your father..."

(Note: most divine dressage advocates dismiss Mr. Ed as a strict Freudian.)

12/06/2006 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home