Bourbon Cowboy

The adventures of an urbane bar-hopping transplant to New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I'm a storyteller in the New York area who is a regular on NPR's "This American Life" and at shows around the city. Moved to New York in 2006 and am working on selling a memoir of my years as a greeting card writer, and (as a personal, noncommercial obsession) a nonfiction book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk." My agent is Adam Chromy at Artists and Artisans. If you came here after hearing about my book on "This American Life" and Googling my name, the "How to Love God" book itself isn't in print yet, and may not even see print in its current form (I'm focusing on humorous memoir), but here's a sample I've posted in case you're curious anyway: Sample How To Love God Introduction, Pt. 1 of 3. Or just look through the archives for September 18, 2007.) The book you should be expecting is the greeting card book, about which more information is pending. Keep checking back!

Friday, November 03, 2006

Commercial Announcement

On Monday, Nov. 13th, I'm performing in Andy Christie's next Liar Show in midtown Manhattan! What's the Liar show, you ask? Here's how it's described on the official website:

******

Each Liar show features four performers telling short, absorbing and, if you're lucky, funny personal stories.

But listen carefully, because only three of these basically honest people are telling the truth. The fourth is making it all up.

When all the stories have been heard, you'll have an opportunity to question the storytellers; consider it a mini-interrogation minus the electrodes. After cross-examination, you'll reason deductively, think analytically and then take a wild guess at who's lying.

If you're right, you'll walk away with an inflated ego and a fashionable "I Can Tell A Lie" t-shirt, amid a bitter chorus of, "Congratulations, Einstein," from the empty-handed losers.

*******

Anyway, here's the website. Note that he seems to think I look dangerous.


The full details:

Monday, Nov 13 - 8pm (doors 7:30)
The P.I.T. (People's Improv Theater)
154 W 29th Street (bet 6th and 7th Aves)
$5 at the door or buy tickets online
at
www.theliarshow.com

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Angieb303 said...

I told Ben we should go to the show cause it's only $5. He didn't fall for it though. I guess the $500 airfare turned him off.

11/04/2006 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home