Bourbon Cowboy

The adventures of an urbane bar-hopping transplant to New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I'm a storyteller in the New York area who is a regular on NPR's "This American Life" and at shows around the city. Moved to New York in 2006 and am working on selling a memoir of my years as a greeting card writer, and (as a personal, noncommercial obsession) a nonfiction book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk." My agent is Adam Chromy at Artists and Artisans. If you came here after hearing about my book on "This American Life" and Googling my name, the "How to Love God" book itself isn't in print yet, and may not even see print in its current form (I'm focusing on humorous memoir), but here's a sample I've posted in case you're curious anyway: Sample How To Love God Introduction, Pt. 1 of 3. Or just look through the archives for September 18, 2007.) The book you should be expecting is the greeting card book, about which more information is pending. Keep checking back!

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Beautiful Ad

Broadway and 62nd-ish. Probably a famous opera house I don't know. But isn't it pretty?

LATER: Okay. It's either Lincoln Center or The Met. When I was watching Crossing Delancey back in the day, I didn't actually have a reference map nearby. I am suitably chastened.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Ellen said...

Are you kidding? That's the Met.

11/12/2006 1:10 AM  
Blogger Cowboy Dave Dickerson said...

I suspected something like that, but honestly---it just doesn't say "The Met" anywhere that I could see. Even their Barber of Seville sign is sort of shy of details like when the show starts. I guess I'm just not among the initiates.

11/12/2006 7:04 AM  
Blogger Tristram Shandy said...

Well, actually, it’s Lincoln Center, home of the Metropolitan Opera as well as the New York Philharmonic and a bunch of other artsy kind of organizations. But yeah, “Live from Lincoln Center” and all that… The building has been known to show up on PBS.

11/12/2006 8:27 PM  
Blogger Cowboy Dave Dickerson said...

Serves me right for not walking around with a tourist map. And in the same way that rich white folks never show off their money in bling fashion, it's only to be expected that the Met would simply sit there without a single helpful banner saying, "By the way, this is the Metropolitan Opera, you goddamn philistines!" Did I mention that half my family lives in trailers?

11/12/2006 9:18 PM  
Blogger Angieb303 said...

Come on Dave even a small town southern girl like myself knew what this was. Poor Dave!

11/12/2006 10:00 PM  
Blogger Angieb303 said...

Come on Dave. Even a small town southern girl like myself knows what this building is. Poor Dave!

11/12/2006 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home