Bourbon Cowboy

The adventures of an urbane bar-hopping transplant to New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I'm a storyteller in the New York area who is a regular on NPR's "This American Life" and at shows around the city. Moved to New York in 2006 and am working on selling a memoir of my years as a greeting card writer, and (as a personal, noncommercial obsession) a nonfiction book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk." My agent is Adam Chromy at Artists and Artisans. If you came here after hearing about my book on "This American Life" and Googling my name, the "How to Love God" book itself isn't in print yet, and may not even see print in its current form (I'm focusing on humorous memoir), but here's a sample I've posted in case you're curious anyway: Sample How To Love God Introduction, Pt. 1 of 3. Or just look through the archives for September 18, 2007.) The book you should be expecting is the greeting card book, about which more information is pending. Keep checking back!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Backscratching My Peeps

Friend and frequent site commenter Jason Rohrbacker got his picture taken with Jimmy Smits! (Scroll down.) He is also Single of the Week at frequent site commenter Grins's lovely website. (Check out her blogroll; Grins has excellent taste in blogs!)

Helpful link-dropping commenter Saint Eve is djing and (I think; the email is unclear) performing at BadAss Burlesque this Saturday in New York. If she dj's like she storytells, you'll be so swept up you won't even notice the pasties.

And although he hardly needs my sorry-ass help, my friend Francis's Snakes on a Sudoku has just been promoted in Entertainment Weekly. While you're there, look around on his site and check out his occasional selections from something called The Hip Reader---a reader for kids written in, and designed to be relevant for, the sixties and seventies. The quotes are priceless, man.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason Rohrblogger said...

Thanks for the shout out! And for plugging my cheesy pix with the B-list! I posted a list we wrote together a few years back on my blog...

8/18/2006 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home