Bourbon Cowboy

The adventures of an urbane bar-hopping transplant to New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I'm a storyteller in the New York area who is a regular on NPR's "This American Life" and at shows around the city. Moved to New York in 2006 and am working on selling a memoir of my years as a greeting card writer, and (as a personal, noncommercial obsession) a nonfiction book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk." My agent is Adam Chromy at Artists and Artisans. If you came here after hearing about my book on "This American Life" and Googling my name, the "How to Love God" book itself isn't in print yet, and may not even see print in its current form (I'm focusing on humorous memoir), but here's a sample I've posted in case you're curious anyway: Sample How To Love God Introduction, Pt. 1 of 3. Or just look through the archives for September 18, 2007.) The book you should be expecting is the greeting card book, about which more information is pending. Keep checking back!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Before You Rub Your Eyes and Go "Whaaa?..."

I decided to change the site a tad. Bad idea. Now on the sidebar I have some new stuff, including a list of sites I frequent---in two sections, "Pardners" and "Politics 'n' Religion"---and a site-tracker that's supposed to keep track of how many people have visited since the tracker was put in.

Just so you know: Both "Pardner" and "Politics 'n' Religion" are supposed to be in the site's official font (the same one as "Archives" above it) and "Politics 'n' Religion" is supposed to be a heading, not a link. (Don't click on it, 'cause it don't link to nothin'.) And there's really supposed to me more space between all three new elements, not squushed-up sardinity. So I may have opened a Pandora's box of worms and monkeys, because it looks like I'll have to actually learn html to tweak it. In the meantime, big thanks to Jason for getting me this far.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I screwed up the look of your sidebar. Give me a week or two and I will get with my resident HTML expert and try to tweak it. For now you have a stat counter that works, at least...

5/25/2006 1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking at your source HTML, there's no way you can match the curlicue lettering of “Recent Posts” or “Archives,” because those are embedded images. You could change them to match your “Pardners,” though.

Otherwise, the problem with your HTML is that you failed to close your links to the Comics Curmudgeon, Internet Infidels, Talking Points, Washington Monthly, or The Onion. And you didn’t terminate the sidebar-title for Politics ’n’ Religion, either. So if you add some closing HTML bits, you’ll be fine.

6/01/2006 7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home