Bourbon Cowboy

The adventures of an urbane bar-hopping transplant to New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I'm a storyteller in the New York area who is a regular on NPR's "This American Life" and at shows around the city. Moved to New York in 2006 and am working on selling a memoir of my years as a greeting card writer, and (as a personal, noncommercial obsession) a nonfiction book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk." My agent is Adam Chromy at Artists and Artisans. If you came here after hearing about my book on "This American Life" and Googling my name, the "How to Love God" book itself isn't in print yet, and may not even see print in its current form (I'm focusing on humorous memoir), but here's a sample I've posted in case you're curious anyway: Sample How To Love God Introduction, Pt. 1 of 3. Or just look through the archives for September 18, 2007.) The book you should be expecting is the greeting card book, about which more information is pending. Keep checking back!

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Sorry for the Delay

I've had a lot to write about, but I haven't really been writing on the blog. On Tuesday, for example, I found out that they were holding auditions for the fourth season of Last Comic Standing. I went and wrote an article about it, but I haven't posted it for fear of ruining its saleability. I've been organizing my bedroom and my life in general, and for a guy like me, doing that is like swimming upstream. So for example, yesterday I intended to start my day with a quick drive over to Islip to pick up a NordicTrack that had been listed for a song on Craiglist. But between trying to find my car, finding it parked in once I was there, and getting lost five times (twice on the way there, three times on the way back), the whole enterprise took six and a half hours and I simply slept for the next sixteen.

Which leads me to my last problem: I'm not always very good at listening to my body, but I've been really really tired lately, and I suspect it's the stress of the move finally catching up to me. Since I don't want to get sick, I've been treating myself very gently and only writing (for example) when the spirit really moves me. But as of today I've got 95% of everything I need to start my career here in earnest (including, finally, something as silly as printer paper), and I'm feeling centered enough that I can contribute again. Sorry again for the hiatus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home