Bourbon Cowboy

The adventures of an urbane bar-hopping transplant to New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I'm a storyteller in the New York area who is a regular on NPR's "This American Life" and at shows around the city. Moved to New York in 2006 and am working on selling a memoir of my years as a greeting card writer, and (as a personal, noncommercial obsession) a nonfiction book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk." My agent is Adam Chromy at Artists and Artisans. If you came here after hearing about my book on "This American Life" and Googling my name, the "How to Love God" book itself isn't in print yet, and may not even see print in its current form (I'm focusing on humorous memoir), but here's a sample I've posted in case you're curious anyway: Sample How To Love God Introduction, Pt. 1 of 3. Or just look through the archives for September 18, 2007.) The book you should be expecting is the greeting card book, about which more information is pending. Keep checking back!

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Incidental Clerihew

LAMENT FOR A LAPTOP

Isssn't it ju t the way?
I'm ready to finissssh my book in one more day,
And my Sssssssss key
uddenly turnsss pe ky.







(In other news: 130,000 words! I'll be done with the cleaned-up draft tomorrow. Then maybe I'll answer those quiz questions and go see Wall-E.)

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Laura Rebecca said...

Congratulations! And good luck on cleaning up your draft.

As an aside, I'm looking forward to hearing this week's TAL; I've really enjoyed hearing you on the program.

6/29/2008 6:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wall•E was fantastic. Just so ya know.

6/29/2008 8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you can pry the keycap off the S key, do so, then squirt some wd-40 in there and press it a whole lotta times

6/29/2008 9:11 AM  
Blogger Susan Isaacs said...

If it's a Mac it'll click back into place. My hard drive DIED, DOA, Gone, one week before my final draft was due to my editor. Back up. Back up. Send your latest draft to yourself or to some account in space.

And then go see Wall•E. It's GREAT.

7/01/2008 1:15 AM  
Blogger Cowboy Dave Dickerson said...

The computer is an ancient IBM ThinkPad that I picked up for $200 when I needed a laptop in a hurry. I'm ditching it for a Mac Air the second my money comes in.

On a happier note, I *have* been sending myself the drafts, and you're right--it helps me feel very secure in an uncertain world.

7/01/2008 2:18 AM  
Blogger Susan Isaacs said...

Kewl! And congratulations on getting the book done. It sounds fantastic. I've always wondered what Susan Polis Schutz was smoking all those years. I can't wait to read what you have to do to write that crap.

Oh the macbook air is great for mobility. But it's not as fast as the macbook. Definitely check out the macbook first, you might want that instead. My hubby got the macbook, I have the macbook pro. But they all work waymobetta than a ibm stinkpad.

7/01/2008 2:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home