Bourbon Cowboy

The adventures of an urbane bar-hopping transplant to New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I'm a storyteller in the New York area who is a regular on NPR's "This American Life" and at shows around the city. Moved to New York in 2006 and am working on selling a memoir of my years as a greeting card writer, and (as a personal, noncommercial obsession) a nonfiction book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk." My agent is Adam Chromy at Artists and Artisans. If you came here after hearing about my book on "This American Life" and Googling my name, the "How to Love God" book itself isn't in print yet, and may not even see print in its current form (I'm focusing on humorous memoir), but here's a sample I've posted in case you're curious anyway: Sample How To Love God Introduction, Pt. 1 of 3. Or just look through the archives for September 18, 2007.) The book you should be expecting is the greeting card book, about which more information is pending. Keep checking back!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Friends and Colleagues

I just want to give two shout-outs to people I know who are doing extraordinary things.

First, Kid Beyond is performing in New York on Thursday and Sunday. If you read my review of his last concert, you’ll see why I’m urging everyone to see him. Live is the only way to do it.

Second, please congratulate my friend and storytelling colleague Elna Baker who has just appeared on This American Life in an episode about matchmaking. She’s 20 minutes from the end, telling a story about F.A.O Schwarz and a deformed doll called Baby Nubbins. It’s hilarious. I’m so proud! The podcast is available now. Get it before it costs you a dollar! (You can also find her on YouTube, which I also highly recommend.)

1 Comments:

Blogger ttractor said...

That story was drop dead stunning. Give her a big woo hoo for me.

1/25/2008 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home