Bourbon Cowboy

The adventures of an urbane bar-hopping transplant to New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I'm a storyteller in the New York area who is a regular on NPR's "This American Life" and at shows around the city. Moved to New York in 2006 and am working on selling a memoir of my years as a greeting card writer, and (as a personal, noncommercial obsession) a nonfiction book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk." My agent is Adam Chromy at Artists and Artisans. If you came here after hearing about my book on "This American Life" and Googling my name, the "How to Love God" book itself isn't in print yet, and may not even see print in its current form (I'm focusing on humorous memoir), but here's a sample I've posted in case you're curious anyway: Sample How To Love God Introduction, Pt. 1 of 3. Or just look through the archives for September 18, 2007.) The book you should be expecting is the greeting card book, about which more information is pending. Keep checking back!

Thursday, January 17, 2008

BABY!!!



As of 8:15 yesterday, I'm an uncle again! Welcome Andrew William Dickerson to the world!




Another picture for anyone who's wondered what my twin brother looks like. What you can't tell is that he's three inches taller than me and about twenty pounds heavier (he's a programmer; it's an occupational tendency). What you might notice is that, eerily, we currently wear the same style of glasses. And he has more hair. Damn his handsome face!

Congratulations, Dan and Emily! Have you decided on a college yet?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww what a li'l doll! :) Congrats to the beaming parents.

He's a fraternal twin I assume 'cause I'd never know otherwise he was your bro.

1/17/2008 1:23 PM  
Blogger Cowboy Dave Dickerson said...

Yes, we're fraternal. And yes, we look nothing alike (though we're resembling each other more the older we get). There was even a guy in our high school who thought that we were just friends with the same last name, and that the "twins" references were an obvious joke.

One odd thing, though: we have almost exactly the same voice. A friend told me once that the only way he could tell who answered the phone at our house was that Daniel said, "Hello?" and I said, "Dickersons!"

1/17/2008 3:59 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

My one-year-younger sister and I also have the same voice - and almost the same handwriting!

1/18/2008 11:40 AM  
Blogger Jason Rohrblogger said...

Awesome pictures! It's great to see Dan. They look so happy. He has a beautiful family...

1/18/2008 6:27 PM  
Blogger Joshua Kosman said...

Weird. Somehow I got it into my head long ago that you were identical twins — a misconception that was not nudged off its perch in the slightest by the photographic evidence.

Dave, for the NPLers among us, you must tell about the Cervantean rebus which was where I first heard of Daniel all those years ago. Still my nomination for the most tragically unusable base evah.

1/18/2008 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home