Bourbon Cowboy

The adventures of an urbane bar-hopping transplant to New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I'm a storyteller in the New York area who is a regular on NPR's "This American Life" and at shows around the city. Moved to New York in 2006 and am working on selling a memoir of my years as a greeting card writer, and (as a personal, noncommercial obsession) a nonfiction book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk." My agent is Adam Chromy at Artists and Artisans. If you came here after hearing about my book on "This American Life" and Googling my name, the "How to Love God" book itself isn't in print yet, and may not even see print in its current form (I'm focusing on humorous memoir), but here's a sample I've posted in case you're curious anyway: Sample How To Love God Introduction, Pt. 1 of 3. Or just look through the archives for September 18, 2007.) The book you should be expecting is the greeting card book, about which more information is pending. Keep checking back!

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Post 500!

According to Blogspot, this is the 500th post I've made since I started this blog. Feel the historicity thrum through us all! But the main reason I want to mention this is that I FINALLY---as in, just today, and just before blogpost 500---figured out how to divide posts into searchable blocks, so that someone who wanted to see all my posts on, say, religion, could just search for "religion" and hey presto. Ditto for people who just wanted to see all my cartoons at once, or all my poems.

Anyway, I figured it out! And now ALL of my poems are indexed, as are all of my bar napkin cartoons, all of my poems (subdivided into subway, current events, office, and words), and all of my religion posts. It's a pain doing all of it retroactively, so while there's also been other index labels (like pictures and games), those are only for the last 200 posts, not the whole past sixteen months.

And post 500 seems as good a time as any to announce that I've decided I really WILL start a second website just for cartoons and poems, on the theory that it's the single-minded sites that have actual fans and traffic. Sites like The Comics Curmudgeon and Cute Overload each do one thing and do it well. If xkcd can write comics that attract the attention of Wil Wheaton, surely I can get a fanbase going as well. My brother the computer whiz has put the site together, and now all I need is content---which means I have to buy a scanner. So it might be a few days or even weeks. But at least my intention has now been officially announced. Gee, but it's a thrilling day here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason Rohrblogger said...

I got your voicemail last night. Pure hilarity...

4/15/2007 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home