Bourbon Cowboy

The adventures of an urbane bar-hopping transplant to New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I'm a storyteller in the New York area who is a regular on NPR's "This American Life" and at shows around the city. Moved to New York in 2006 and am working on selling a memoir of my years as a greeting card writer, and (as a personal, noncommercial obsession) a nonfiction book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk." My agent is Adam Chromy at Artists and Artisans. If you came here after hearing about my book on "This American Life" and Googling my name, the "How to Love God" book itself isn't in print yet, and may not even see print in its current form (I'm focusing on humorous memoir), but here's a sample I've posted in case you're curious anyway: Sample How To Love God Introduction, Pt. 1 of 3. Or just look through the archives for September 18, 2007.) The book you should be expecting is the greeting card book, about which more information is pending. Keep checking back!

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Two Other Small Things, Since It's Lunch

First, everyone who essayed an answer to my elevator puzzle got it right: The elevator is missing the L parts of the 8 in its digital floor display. Which means, I noticed last night, that I can't tell if the first floor is supposed to be a 1 or an L (for lobby). All I know is, it's blank.

Second, I have barely updated today because an agent has requested my manuscript (Travels With Ritalin) be mailed to him as a Word file, and I don't have Word. So I spent most of my lunch hour translating my WordPerfect document into Word, and then replacing all the weird symbols with quotes, dashes, italics, etc. Thank god for Find And Replace!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weird that he wanted as a Word file instead of as a universally readable .pdf. But congrats on the nibble -- here's hoping it leads to bigger things.

7/13/2006 1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this could be it! so exciting...
we're moving up in less than a month--see you soon!

7/13/2006 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home