Bourbon Cowboy

The adventures of an urbane bar-hopping transplant to New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I'm a storyteller in the New York area who is a regular on NPR's "This American Life" and at shows around the city. Moved to New York in 2006 and am working on selling a memoir of my years as a greeting card writer, and (as a personal, noncommercial obsession) a nonfiction book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk." My agent is Adam Chromy at Artists and Artisans. If you came here after hearing about my book on "This American Life" and Googling my name, the "How to Love God" book itself isn't in print yet, and may not even see print in its current form (I'm focusing on humorous memoir), but here's a sample I've posted in case you're curious anyway: Sample How To Love God Introduction, Pt. 1 of 3. Or just look through the archives for September 18, 2007.) The book you should be expecting is the greeting card book, about which more information is pending. Keep checking back!

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

From Zero to Frantic

I just realized that I'm leaving Friday morning to go to the Berkshires (well, Hudson NY), and I have only two days to get everything done. Days, because I was foolish and brokered away my nights. Tonight I see the revival of Sunday in the Park With George at Studio 54, and tomorrow I'm volunteering at a Moth event--apparently I'm an excellent ticket-taker, and they needed an expert on hand. So I have only today and tomorrow during daylight to solve a potential problem with the DMV and an overdue parking ticket I can no longer locate for a car whose plate I don't know. I wonder if this is enough time...

Found an amusing thing under a lid of Diet Snapple (an old lid; the new Crystal Light mix is working great, thanks) and I intend to share later. But it may be much later. If it is, I blame the DMV. Or possibly the Mid-Manhattan library, since that's on my to-do list also.

I also have a surprising number of pants-related errands. There may be photos there too. This could be a big day for everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home