Bourbon Cowboy

The adventures of an urbane bar-hopping transplant to New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I'm a storyteller in the New York area who is a regular on NPR's "This American Life" and at shows around the city. Moved to New York in 2006 and am working on selling a memoir of my years as a greeting card writer, and (as a personal, noncommercial obsession) a nonfiction book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk." My agent is Adam Chromy at Artists and Artisans. If you came here after hearing about my book on "This American Life" and Googling my name, the "How to Love God" book itself isn't in print yet, and may not even see print in its current form (I'm focusing on humorous memoir), but here's a sample I've posted in case you're curious anyway: Sample How To Love God Introduction, Pt. 1 of 3. Or just look through the archives for September 18, 2007.) The book you should be expecting is the greeting card book, about which more information is pending. Keep checking back!

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Quiz Answers

I've now posted two recent quizzes, so I'm giving the answers now. They're in the comments on this post.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Cowboy Dave Dickerson said...

The Lion King poster: The phrase "nothing like" is an anagram of "The Lion King." And for what it's worth, I didn't discover this; I simply remembered it from a Xemu flat in the Enigma back when The Lion King first came out. Way to go, Xemu! It's lovely when flats find themselves.

The "Muddy Waters" title card is the first title card of "Steamboat Bill, Jr."--the famous Buster Keaton comedy that's primarily famous for the scene where the facade of a house falls on top of him, and he's completely untouched because he's standing right where the window is. (The other famous silent comedies I can think of--The General (Keaton), Safety Last (Lloyd), and The Gold Rush, City Lights, and Modern Times (Chaplin)--have scarcely any bodies of water in them.)

1/03/2008 1:06 PM  
Blogger Cowboy Dave Dickerson said...

Oops! I forgot. In the "Gentleman's Agreement" review/puzzle, I included the name "Sternglam" because it uses all the letters in "Gentleman's Agreement." Unfortunately, there's no actual word with that pleasing property, so I had to make mine up.

1/03/2008 1:08 PM  
Blogger Sneb said...

OK! I was waiting. At first I thought it was some profound statement about existence: "There is nothing... [but you should] like it!"

What's a Xemu?

1/03/2008 2:11 PM  
Blogger Cowboy Dave Dickerson said...

Xemu is the nickname (technically the "nom") of a friend of mine who's a member of the ultrabrilliant National Puzzlers League. It's also, along with "Xenu," the name of the evil overlord in the Church of Scientology, according to The Book of Secrets and other (mostly online) sources.

1/03/2008 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home