Bourbon Cowboy

The adventures of an urbane bar-hopping transplant to New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I'm a storyteller in the New York area who is a regular on NPR's "This American Life" and at shows around the city. Moved to New York in 2006 and am working on selling a memoir of my years as a greeting card writer, and (as a personal, noncommercial obsession) a nonfiction book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk." My agent is Adam Chromy at Artists and Artisans. If you came here after hearing about my book on "This American Life" and Googling my name, the "How to Love God" book itself isn't in print yet, and may not even see print in its current form (I'm focusing on humorous memoir), but here's a sample I've posted in case you're curious anyway: Sample How To Love God Introduction, Pt. 1 of 3. Or just look through the archives for September 18, 2007.) The book you should be expecting is the greeting card book, about which more information is pending. Keep checking back!

Monday, January 01, 2007

Rejoice With Me!

My book proposal is finished, and its availability has just been e-mailed to fifteen agents! I wasn't planning this to have the shape and contours of a New Years Resolution, but that seems to be what just happened. Anyway, I'm relieved. Here's hoping for a 2007 with significant forward motion!

LATER: By 6 am this morning, I had already received one request for a copy of the proposal. Dang, some of those agents sure get to work early! (And for those who don't know: the process is, you write a proposal---not the whole book, just an outline, a few chapters, and what amounts to a marketing guide---and then an agent requests the proposal, and if they like it, they'll get back to you with a contract for the book. So this e-mail I just got isn't me getting an agent, but it is the next step.)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daaaamn, that is the fastest turnaround time ever for a request. Well done and congrats!

1/02/2007 7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home