Bourbon Cowboy

The adventures of an urbane bar-hopping transplant to New York.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I'm a storyteller in the New York area who is a regular on NPR's "This American Life" and at shows around the city. Moved to New York in 2006 and am working on selling a memoir of my years as a greeting card writer, and (as a personal, noncommercial obsession) a nonfiction book called "How to Love God Without Being a Jerk." My agent is Adam Chromy at Artists and Artisans. If you came here after hearing about my book on "This American Life" and Googling my name, the "How to Love God" book itself isn't in print yet, and may not even see print in its current form (I'm focusing on humorous memoir), but here's a sample I've posted in case you're curious anyway: Sample How To Love God Introduction, Pt. 1 of 3. Or just look through the archives for September 18, 2007.) The book you should be expecting is the greeting card book, about which more information is pending. Keep checking back!

Monday, September 18, 2006

A New Potential Crossword Entry Is Born!

Overheard on the subway, mere moments ago, from a professionally dressed black woman, to her friend:

"Did you hear they named the baby? They called her Zuri. No, I don't know what it means, she hasn't told me yet. But I can live with that. Zuri's way better. You know what they were gonna call her? Nznga. En-ZING-A. she told me it means 'African princess,' and I said, 'You do know she's American, right?' She just wanted something with Swahili. So it's Zuri now. I'm happy for her. That's a name I can actually spell.'

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a shame, I would have loved to have had a Nznga in my class in eighteen years. ;{)}

Tomorrow night is the Big Quiz Thing and I haven't heard from you yet and I can't find your e-mail address. My friend Eddie and I are going but we need you!

9/18/2006 6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, that was Jeffurry, of course.

9/18/2006 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home